Thursday, June 7, 2012

Here's the Proof: You Can Grow Collards Pretty Much Anywhere

A few weeks ago, my child was sent home with a packet of seeds from his school - collard greens, our state vegetable. We were given instructions to plant them over spring break as part of a class project on plants. We'll, um, they were planted, just using a very unconventional method. I'll explain - When I removed the seed packet from my child's book bag, it was partially opened. Seeds spilled everywhere! So, I grabbed the dustpan and swept them up, saving what seed I could for the project. And since I had the broom and dustpan out, I might as well sweep the entire house, right? I sat the dustpan out back on the deck and that was that - onto the next mommy drama episode. I suppose that dustpan sat there for awhile (please don't judge me by my less than frequent cleaning skills) because when I finally went looking for it, this is what I found:























Here's the proof that you can grow collard greens pretty much anywhere - even in dust, dog hair, and other miscellaneous crud that you sweep off your floors! In the words of Doris Day, "Que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be!"

No comments:

Post a Comment