Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Meet Little Baby Lovey Dovey!

Our dove family has a new member! I've noticed that mama dove has been sitting rather high on her nest these days. To my surprise, this morning I passed under her nest, looked up, and saw this:


That's mama dove on the left and little baby dove on the right. I swear, baby birds must double in size overnight! Aren't they cute? I'll try to get some pics from another angle soon - not that this angle is unflattering. I think it's adorable to look up into a tree and see two birdy bee-hinds staring back at you. As long as they don't, well, you know... Mama dove is very strategic in where she keeps her baby in the nest. In this view, baby is to the inside of the canopy. Such smart creatures!

Have you had any close encounters with wildlife in your backyard?

No comments:

Post a Comment